Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Rae

In a previous post I posted a prayer I had for my dad.  I wanted to say some things about Rae, my "other mother".

I and all my sisters bless the day that Rae came into my dad's life.  She has been such a blessing to him and to us.  She takes such good care of him.  I try to think what life would be like without her, what Dad's life would be like, and it's not a pretty picture.  He would have been alone all these years, nobody to help him, nobody to talk to, nobody to share his life with.

I have learned so many things from her.  Because of Rae I know how to make bread, biscuits, and pie.  She inspires me to keep my home cleaner and provide good food for my family.  She's also been such a good example of loving family members, of welcoming them and including them.  Whenever I call and ask if we can come visit, she's always make me feel like it would be a pleasure for her and dad to have us, even though I know it's more work for her.

I've never liked the word 'stepmother', I think it has negative connotations and that it doesn't accurately describe my relationship with Rae.  She is a lovely lady.  She is kind and good.  I will bless her name forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment