Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Brigham's Haircut


Old Brigham




New Brigham


Brigham cut his hair!!!!

He hasn't gotten a haircut for over a year.  He had it trimmed for the musical last spring but only a little bit.  Mostly it's been growing for a year.  It was getting seriously long.  It started bothering me when I couldn't see his eyes anymore.  I tried really hard not to mind his long hair.  Craig says that it's important for a young man to assert his independence, and that includes choosing how to wear his hair and what music he likes to listen to.  So because I believe in agency, I let him grow it out.  I figured if he needed to be different, or rebel, or whatever, perhaps long hair was better than some other options.  Brigham said it was never about wanting to rebel but just because he liked to run his fingers through it and feel it against his neck.  He said it was getting ridiculous though, that he couldn't keep it out of his eyes.

Well whatever the reason, it is gone!  Yesterday he disappeared for a couple hours and then got home with short hair.  I had no idea that he had made an appointment on his own to get it cut.  He came in the house and said something to me but I didn't see him because I was facing my laptop at the computer desk.  Then I heard Ellie gasp, "What did you DO?"  I turned around and saw him with short hair and started yelling, "What?!  What!?  You cut your HAIR??????!!!!"

He said it was quite a reaction.  And that the kids at school today all had something to say about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment