Monday, January 30, 2017

Young Women Activities


Went ice skating last week with the youth.  We have a family who lives up Dayton Canyon and every winter they build an ice skating rink in their front yard.  They've been collecting ice skates from the DI and by now they have about a hundred pairs, enough to outfit all the youth in the ward.  They do a really good job.  Every year the youth goes up to ice skate and have hot chocolate and donuts.  

Brigham and Ellie tried to ambush me, pushing me into a snowbank.  Their own mother!  I was able to stay vertical - most of the time.  I remember going ice skating back in high school at Merlin Olsen Central Park in Logan.  I'm not very good anymore.  After twenty minutes my ankles were pretty sore and tired, so I hobbled back into the house and took them off, then joined the other leaders at the hot chocolate table.  

We have a great group of youth.    

No comments:

Post a Comment