Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Vision

The phone rang this morning at 2:30 am.  It was the wife of Mundo, our employee who milks.  She said that he was sick with a high fever and wouldn't be able to come in to milk.  I reported this to Craig and he sighed and got out of bed to go put on his work clothes and milk the cows.

The other day Craig was stressing about the barn and I was stressing because he was stressed.  I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if Craig had a regular job and we didn't have all this worry about barns and animals and employees?"

Right after I had that thought, I had another thought.   A kind of vision.  In my vision, we didn't have the barn and the cows and the employees.  Craig had a regular job.  In his regular job, he had to travel and was gone for weeks at a time.  Just like his brother Joshua.  And I had to handle the house and the kids and my teaching and my calling all by myself without him nearby to help me.  And I missed him.  And I wished that we could go back to our old life when we had the cows and the barn and the employees, but at least he was nearby all the time and we could go to bed together at night.

It was a thought provoking vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment