Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hayes

Hayes is doing well.  He's been at school now for almost two weeks.  The other day I was talking to him and he said, "You know how you and Dad have been telling me for a year now that I would do so much better once I was out of the house and independent?"  and I said "Yeah" and then he said "You were SO RIGHT!"

Ha.

He likes him roommate, Jace.  I've talked to Jace a bit over Skype when I was talking to Hayes and he seems like a good kid.  He's an 18 year old freshman like Hayes.

These are the classes Hayes is taking:

American Heritage
Anatomy
Writing and Rhetoric
History of Civilization
Yoga
Book of Mormon

He talks a lot about his anatomy class.  There is a lecture and also a lab and Hayes has talked about the lab portion quite a bit, about how challenging it is.  He is supposed to memorize every little bit of the human body.  They have cadavers and everything but right now they're working on bones.

He seems good, happy and excited.  He went on a date last week, something that Jace had set up for the two of them, and said it was fun.  He calls at least once a day to tell me some new thing, something that happened or someone he met.  I'm glad that he is such a talker.  I can just picture when Brigham goes away to school.  I'll finally call him up and ask him questions and get one word answers.  I can see it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment