Monday, January 16, 2017

Hayes is a BYU Cougar

Well, he is there.  Hayes is in Provo.

  

See him in his dorm room?  Last Friday he and I and Brigham drove down to Provo to drop him off.  We located his dorm room and put away some of his things and I made his bed with his new sheets.  We went to the bookstore to try to buy some of his new books but they were closed.  We ate at the Brick Oven, our family's favorite.  And then we took him back to his dorm and said goodbye.

I thought I would be fine.  He's been basically driving me crazy for months.  When Heather said I was going to cry when I dropped him off I said NO I WASN'T.  And I meant it.

But she was right.  I was okay until I drove away and left him there.  Brigham and I stopped at Krispy Kreme for donuts and I broke down.  He got back to the car with his boxes of donuts and saw that I was bawling.  He tapped on my drivers side window and said, "Ma'am, do you need a donut?"

The next three days I was so sad!  I missed him so much!  He's so talky and energetic, such a presence in the family.  It was such a hole to have him gone.

I'm doing better now.  It took a few days but I'm doing better.  He skypes every day and that's nice.  We met his roommate over Skype and he seems nice.  They seem to be getting along.  They went on a date over the weekend with a couple girls that Jace knew.

And I think his classes are going well so far.  He just seems to be doing well.  Last week he said, "Mom, you know how you and Dad have been telling me for a year now that I wanted to be independent, that I would do better when I got out on my own?  YOU WERE RIGHT."

No comments:

Post a Comment