Thursday, July 23, 2015

Mac's prayer and doing the dishes

Last night we were going to bed and could hear the clatter of dishes in the kitchen, which I decided to ignore.  Brigham poked his head in the door and asked me if I was aware that Mac was doing the dishes.  I walked to the kitchen and peered around the corner to find Mac squatting on the edge of the sink, running cold water over the dishes and swiping at them with the brush.  

I went over there and looked over his shoulder at what he was doing.

"Are you washing the dishes?"

"Uh huh."

"Should we finish them in the morning?"

"Uh huh."

He turned off the water, I got him down, and he went to bed.

Mac has prayed the same prayer for the past month whenever it's his turn:

"Heavlyann Father.  We thankee for the day.  Please bless Mom's arm.  So it will heal.  And we need to clean up our messes to help her.  And Jesus died for us.  So he can live with us another day.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


It touches my heart every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment