Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Final Goodbye

This is what I posted on Facebook:

Tomorrow I’m having surgery to fix my broken collarbone.  I’ve never had surgery before and I’m a little nervous about never waking up.  Just in case, I wanted to tell everyone goodbye and thanks for all the great memories.  And it’s all good because I have faith that life goes on and that families are forever.  I’m excited to see Evan again and I’m also pretty excited about never again having to chase cows in the middle of  the night.   Not to say that I won’t miss Craig and the rest of my kids.  If someone could bring them a casserole once in a while, that would be great.  Oh, and garbage day is Tuesday so someone is definitely going to have to remember that.

It’s been a wonderful ride.  I love you almost all of you and I would probably love the rest of you if I knew you better.


Goodbye. 



And this is what people replied.

Kayla Reeder Roberts:  Ha ha... I'll have David text Craig a reminder every Monday night about the trash.  Seriously though, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thomas Campbell:  Holy Crap.  That must've hurt.  Good luck!  I'm sure you'll do great!

Anne Holliday:  You should probably settle beefs you've had with people for a long time too.  You would hate to die with that in the back of your mind.  And I think social media is the best platform for that.  So I'll just grab some popcorn and watch :)

Anne Holliday:  Also, goodbye.  Maybe.  

John Cox:  You gotta keep posting stuff like this it makes my day.  It's a collar bone for heaven's sake.  I broke mine in the middle of Russia and I a still alive.  Your not gonna die.  Although seeing Evan would be pretty cool.

Tawnia Nielsen Zilles:  You are hilarious!  Hope you heal quickly.  What did you do to break it so bad?

Diana Campbell:  Suzie...not to sure I like that sense of humor, but...give Ruth, Nick and Audrey a big hug!  Now seriously!  Just relax, and breath.  You will be fine.  

Tracie Reilley Keller:  I will be thinking of you.  You will do great.

Joshua Campbell:  That X-ray looks HD compared to the original.  Did you get another one?  BTW: Fireworks look pretty cool from above.  

Amber Leonhardt:  This post is a little morbid, Sooz.  No dying!!  Good luck tomorrow, love you.

Tyler Leonhardt:  I died once.  Not a big deal really, you just gotta walk it off.  :)  For reals though, I hate sleeping pills for the exact same reason, so I understand the anxiety.  You'll be fine though.  Have swift recovery!

Loretta Page Dailey:  Think about this differently!  It's so nice to be put under because it's like you don't exist for a just a minute and  neither do any of your problems.  You WILL wake up before you know it and wish you could have slept just a little longer

Anne White:  Suzie, you'll do great!  Your bike will be waiting for you, to get back on!  Speedy recovery friend.  

Sunnie Larson Streadbeck:  That looks like a nasty great!  I'm sure you will be just fine but the thought of your kids without their Momma makes me a little teary.  Good luck!

Nate Kennedy:  You'll be fine.  The world would be an awful place without you!  I almost didn't wake up from surgery while I was on my mission.  Scared a lot of people, but somehow I slept right through it.

Erik Carpenter:  What will happen to your cows.  My freezer is empty.  I have a hankering for some beef brisket.

Marsha Porter:  Wow!  That is a broken bone!

Carolyn Moyle Christensen:  Prayers for you, funny woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment