Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Le Tour de France



   For three weeks in July, Craig and I become     obsessed cycling fans.  We love watching the Tour de France.  Two days ago there was a terrible crash that involved a lot of the peloton.  I think there were at least two broken collarbones, one broken wrist, and Fabian Cancellara, a favorite to win the whole tour, broke two vertebrae in his back and had to abandon the race.  

    Exciting stuff.

Except that since my accident, I have way too much empathy for people crashing and hurting themselves.  It used to be entertainment to watch the crashes, but now it causes small flashbacks to my own accident and it's not so much fun to watch.  

But the tour is still fun.  The scenery is so beautiful.  It seems like every other mile, they are highlighting another five hundred year old church or monastery.  I would love to see it someday.  I'll have to work on my french.

No comments:

Post a Comment