Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Craig

I've been thinking about how my injury has affected my relationship with Craig.  While we've had a great marriage, my dependance on him the past few weeks has changed our relationship.  The first few days after my accident, he was in charge of my meds and would set the alarm clock to wake him up.  He would bring them to me and lift my head up off the pillow so I could swallow them.  He came with me to all my appointments.  What sticks out most in my mind is how he helped me get dressed in the morning.   Most mornings, he would wait to go out to do his work until I woke up.  He would help me get out of my clothes to shower and then wait until I was done to help me get dressed.

It was just so sweet and tender.  I was so reliant on him and he did everything for me that he could.  I got to where I just wasn't comfortable if he wasn't around.  Brigham wanted to go to see a movie in Logan with his friends and I went along to supervise his driving.  The whole time we were gone, I felt uneasy and on edge because I was gone from Craig.

I'm not better enough that I can dress myself and take care of myself pretty well.  Once in a while I get my arm stuck in my shirt, but most of the time I do fine.  As I regain my independence, I find that the tender reliance I had on Craig is waning - and I miss it.

In General Conference last, President Packer spoke about marriage in the last conference talk he would give.  He said, " When entered into worthily, this process combines the most exquisite and exalted physical, emotional, and spiritual feelings associated with he word love.  That part of life has no equal, no counterpart, in all human experience."

I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment