Saturday, September 2, 2017

Hayes's New Semester

I am a WRECK.  Yesterday I took Hayes back to Provo for his new semester.  He is excited.  He says that he's going to do better this semester.  I helped him check into his new apartment.  His roommate Jace was there already.  Hayes and Jace lived together last year in the dorms and he is a nice boy.  I'm so glad that he was there because if I had to leave Hayes there with a bunch of roommates that he didn't know, I would be an even bigger wreck.

We got his bike and all his clothes and things out of the van and into his apartment.  This apartment is  small and dingy and dark and it's already messy. And there was gaming equipment all around the TV with games like Call of Duty - I HATE Call of Duty and I told Hayes and Jace they weren't allowed to play it and they said they knew.  And there was a life size cardboard cut out of Bobba Fett.

I just hated to leave him.  He doesn't know how to take care of himself!  I've tried and tried to teach him to be responsible but he hasn't learned!  He's going to starve!

As I drove back home I realized that I should have at least taken him grocery shopping before I left!  He doesn't even have any food!

I cried and cried all the way home.

After I got home and the family was eating dinner, I called Hayes to see if he was okay.  He said he was at the grocery store, that he had biked there, and that all he had to pay with was a check because he had lost his debit card and the bank hadn't sent him a new one yet and the store wasn't accepting his check.  I panicked and asked him what he was going to do and he said he didn't know yet but that he would figure it out.

So all night long I was anxious.

This morning he said that he biked back to his apartment to get his ID to show them and came back and they still said there was something wrong with the check.  So he biked back to his apartment again to get another check.  And brought it back and they said they still couldn't take it.  So he biked back a third time and brought yet another check (why in the world couldn't he take the whole checkbook?!) and brought it to the store and they accepted it.  So he finally got to bring home his groceries.  He said the ladies in the customer service department were really nice and sympathetic and he told him everything that had gone wrong in his whole life and they gave him lots of sympathy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

This time around has been TERRIBLE.  I don't know why.  I don't remember having this hard a time last time I took him to BYU.  I just worry that things are going to go badly and he's not going to eat and he's going to run out of money.

Here are some pictures of his horrible apartment.








No comments:

Post a Comment