Thursday, August 31, 2017

Statistics, Ugh.

The good news for the day is that I am doing great in my statistics class!  The masters programs I have looked at say that they want me to take a refresher course in statistics before I start the program, since the course I took in college was twenty years ago.  (That, plus the fact that I remember nothing about it!)

I started taking an online class from the University of Idaho about a month ago and it has kicked my butt!!!  It is so hard!  I have had to try so hard!  The first quiz I did alright in but the second quiz I got a 72%.  I freaked out because I'm used to doing well in school.  I started trying really really hard and now I'm three quarters done with the class and I'm getting a 93%!!!!

I remember when Reese was living with us and taking an online class, I think it was history.  And he was saying that he had calculated his grade and figured that he had done so well in the class so far that he only had to get a 75% on the final in order to get an A in the class.  And at the time I told him that that was a bad way of thinking, that he should try to do his best always and not blow things off.

Now I find myself thinking the exact same way.  I'm trying to do really well in this class so that I can relax towards the end and not try so hard.  The exams have to be proctored so I take them at the public library here in Preston.  Today after teaching I go take my third exam.  Only one left!!




In other news, Craig had someone weld an extension on the tractor fork so that he could lift three bales of hay and not have one fall off onto the hood of his tractor.  😃

No comments:

Post a Comment