Sunday, August 6, 2017

Family Update

Craig - Craig' back has been much better.  He still has some pain, especially when he is on the tractor.  He hasn't had very much time to exercise, it being summer, so that causes back pain also.  He got a new calling teaching and doing scouts for the 11 year old boys.  He and Hayes are putting together a family vacation to southern Utah for next weekend to do some hiking and rappelling.  They are teaching all the kids to rappel off the hay stack.

Suzie - I just got back on Friday from a five day teaching conference in Boise.  The school put me up in a hotel and I was by myself for the first three days, then Mom brought Ellie and Hannah for a girls trip for the last two days.  It was good.  I had to do this conference to become a certified teacher.  School starts back up in a couple weeks.  I just found out that I have 18 students this semester - that is double the amount I had last year!  I also start my degree program in two weeks ago and I am nervous about that.  The nursing school wanted me to take a refresher statistics class so I started that a week ago and am pounding out the assignments and tests.  I forgot how much I hate statistics.

Hayes - Hayes decided to do another semester at BYU so he's been working on getting registered.  Craig and I told him that he needs to pay for this next semester himself.  We said that if he could start doing better, we would consider starting to help financially.  In preparation for that, he's been working two jobs, here on the farm and as a CNA at a nursing home.  He found himself  an apartment in Provo and got registered for classes.  He says he is thinking about changing his major to psychology.  He has been meeting with a counselor that he really likes the past few months and I think that's what has been making him think about psychology.

Brigham - Brigham has been working on the farm this summer.  He was a big help to Craig with setting up the computer monitors in the new barn.  We get him registered for senior year this week and he's still not sure what he wants to take.  He said he doesn't want to take my class.  Too bad.

Ellie is such a good girl.  She had a goal to fast today for 24 hours and by the time dinner was served, she was a half hour short.  She sat there and watched all of us eat, even though I told her she was close enough.  At 5:30 on the dot, she went to her room to say a prayer and then came to sit down and eat.  She's been doing cross country this summer, trying to run several days each week to get in shape for fall.

Mac - Mac is excited to start second grade.  He is going to be in a spectrum class, which  means that there will be third, second, and first graders in the same classroom.  I've heard good things about spectrum classes so we are excited.

Josh - Josh is also excited to start school again.  He is going to repeat kindergarten this year.  They do lots of crafts and activities in kindergarten, so he will love it.  He's always begging me to do crafts with him.  I hate crafts.

So I think that's the update on our family.  Summer is a challenge.  The farm is so busy every year.  This year I've had five trips but there's only one left.  It will be good to get back to a regular daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment