Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Presidents Day Staycation





The kids had FIVE days off for Presidents Day last weekend.  I was considering taking the family on vacation, but in the end we decided to stay home and do a staycation.  These are the fun things we did.

Wednesday - Mac and Josh had a sleepover at Grandma Lynns

Thursday - Ate breakfast at Woodward Country store and then in the evening, Craig and I went on a date to the Bluebird restaurant and then watched An Affair to Remember at the Utah Theatre

Friday - I took the kids to see A Dog's Purpose and then we ate dinner at Cafe Rio

Saturday - soaking in the hot pools at Riverdale and then ate pizza at Pizza Villa

Sunday - went to church and then had the Tolmans over for family dinner

Monday - went sledding at Cherry Peak resort and then ate pizza at Fredricos in Logan

On Saturday, when we got out to the car from soaking at Riverdale, I saw that I had missed Hayes's facetime call.  I facetimed him back and when he answered, I saw that he was sitting in my front foyer, with the family tree photos behind him.  I started yelling, "That's our house!  Hayes is at our house!" He had surprised us by taking the bus from Provo to Logan and then his friend Lexy picked him up in Logan and brought him home.  

It was so good to see him!! He stayed two days and then took the bus back on Monday.  Good old Hayes.  I was so good to have him back for a couple days.   He looks so good.  He said that it was interesting to be home.  He said that in Provo, all he has to worry about is himself.  He said that it was weird to be part of a family again and have to contribute to the common good and be asked to do chores and do his part.  He said it was good, but that he was looking forward to being back in Provo and being independent again.  Ha ha!

Happy Presidents Day


No comments:

Post a Comment