Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Hayes's Birthday






On Sunday, we left church after sacrament meeting and drove down to Provo to see Hayes for his birthday.  It was SO GOOD to see him!  And I think it meant a lot to him that we came.  He seemed excited to see everyone.  He said he was especially glad to see Mac and Josh.  He says there aren't any little kids, just young adults, and he misses little children.  I offered to have them stay with him but he said he didn't miss them THAT bad.  

He looked REALLY good.  He looked happy.  I asked him what the three best things were about him being at BYU and he said they were making his own decisions, meeting new people, and all the stuff he's learning in his classes.  I asked him what the three worst things were and he said the food, having to self regulate and only have himself to blame if something goes wrong, and having to remember what assignment is due in which class.

We ate with him in the Cannon Center, the cafeteria of his dorm.  It was AWFUL!!!  There were like 20 selections and they were all truly disgusting.  I don't remember it being that bad when I lived there.  It was terrible.  Craig, especially, felt sorry for him.  He said that the dorm reminded him of a jail.  I didn't think it was that bad, probably because I've lived in one myself and have fond memories, but Craig's never lived that way.  He said that at the end of the day, he was getting close to packing Hayes up and bringing him home with us.

It was just really good to see him.  He seems like he's doing so well.  I think this has been a good, important experience for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment