Monday, September 12, 2016

This one is for Dad

I talked to my dad yesterday.  He said that he had figured out how to use the Facebook and wanted to know why I hadn't posted more pictures of the new barn.  I figured that he had a vested interest so I am acquiescing to his request.



This huge blue thing is the pump that takes the cement from the concrete truck
up and over the wall of forms to the inside.  It's a lot taller than it looks from far away.


So those are the pictures of barn construction today.  I thought things were going pretty well.  When I got home from teaching, I went to find Craig and he was outside with all the construction crew.  He seemed in pretty good spirits and said things were going well that day.   A couple hours later he came in and said that the Waikato guys had been there and had started yelling about how things were wrong, that the pipe was placed in the wrong spot, and where are the plans, blah, blah,  blah.  Craig said that he threw the plans at the guy and said that if he wanted it done right then why wasn't the equipment dealer there during the pour?  I hope he was exaggerating because it sounded pretty heated.  

Most of the time I try to avoid the site.  Whenever I go outside I try not to even look over there.  The problem is that my yard currently looks like this:


because we are putting in sprinkler pipe and landscaping around the house.  There is nowhere to go that is orderly!  Even when I try to escape inside I run into this:



Someday life will return to normal, right? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment