Sunday, September 18, 2016

Brigham and Joseph


This is Joseph Beutler and Brigham Campbell at the sacrament table today.  You are NOT supposed to take pictures in sacrament meeting.  I realize this.  But I was sitting in the chapel before sacrament meeting started and I looked up to the front and saw Brigham and Joseph sitting there together and it touched my heart.  I snuck my phone out of my bag and quickly took a pic before anyone could see me.

Brigham and Joseph have been best buddies for the past seven or eight years.  They are remarkably alike.  They have the same build and their personalities and interests are quite similar.  When Brigham was in the eighth grade musical, he had a body double for a scene which was played by Joseph.  I was so confused how Brigham seemed to be in two places at once, and then Brigham told me after the play that it had actually been Joseph on the stage.  

Brigham and Joseph are both happiest when in front of the computer.  They are both so so smart but both lazy about doing their homework, thus they both don't do very well in school.  Last year Joseph failed English and Brigham failed Health.  Brigham says that as long as he can remember, his teachers have a really hard time telling him and Joseph apart and often refer to them both by the wrong names.  

Joseph is the oldest son of my kindred spirit friend Aneesa.  It's wonderful having husbands and children who are such good friends, because it throws us together even more.  

Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were best friends back in their day.  These are their two modern counterparts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment