Friday, September 30, 2016

Mesa Trip

Last Friday I got an invitation in the mail to Amber's "Sip and See" for her new twins.  As I looked at it, I was seized with an irrepressible longing to go to the party.  I placed the invitation on the table in front of Craig so he could see it and sighed loudly.  He asked what all the noise was for and I said, "I wish I could go to that!"

After just a couple minutes, we were talking seriously about whether I should go.  Leave the kids?  Leave Craig?  Forget about Saturday cleaning and errands?  Blow off attending church in our ward?

I left.  Bless Craig forever for his support and love.  Not many husbands encourage their wives in their crazy scheming the way mine does.

It was so fun.  I surprised Amber ("What are you doing here!!!").  I surprised Tonya ("I didn't know you were coming!").  I surprised Rae (You're here!!").  I surprised Reese ("AUNT SUZIE!!!"). I surprised Dad ("Well geesh, what are you doing here????")

It was the best.

Went out to lunch with Amy.  Went to the Sip and See and saw the twins.  Saw Reese.  (How I miss Reese!)  Went to the Women's Session with Tonya and Amber.  Went out to dinner with Dad.  Went to Tonya's church to see her primary program.  Had family dinner and Dad and Rae's.

It was the best.






No comments:

Post a Comment