Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunday thoughts





So that is me with various kids and mothers in the past few weeks.

We get to go to church today - and we get to go every week from now on!!  Yay!  This is going to be weird, it's been six months since we were at church every week.  Sacrament meeting is at 1:00 and the whole ward goes as long as we keep it under 150 people.  Sunday School, Young Womens, Relief Society, and Priesthood is still held virtually.  No Primary yet.  A couple weeks ago we were at the Tolmans having morning devotional.  We were singing a Primary song and my boys had no clue what the words were.  That made me sad.  I'm not sure how good a job we are doing teaching the gospel to our children.  I am afraid not good enough.  And I know I am an utter failure at teaching them the Primary songs.  I came home and made a playlist of children singing Primary songs to play on Sunday.  Maybe that will help a bit.

Things are going pretty well with work and school.  People ask me how things are with school and I never know if they are talking about my work school or my school school.  I need a word to call my school school because I feel awkward calling it my doctorate program or my PhD program.  Maybe I should just call it school school.   We are going to have start writing a topic of interest statement and I am not sure.  I am pretty sure I want to do something with nursing faculty but I'm  not sure what.  Yesterday I was reading and came up with the idea to do something with the importance of mentors as an individual makes the change from a nurse to a nurse faculty.  That's been pretty important in my own life.  People had a lot of influence on me as I made that transition - for the better and worse.  

Johnny Kelly

Melissa cant remember her last name

Jodi Price

Rachel Madsen

Marijeanne Carter

April Gray

Shane Yardley

Donna Lister

Donna De Silva

SheriDawn Nielsen

Kevin Tipton

Bree Rayburn

That's a nice list.  For better - or for worse, some of them - they have all guided me through this journey.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment