Friday, June 12, 2015

Quiet at the end of the day

It's 10:30 at night and I should be in bed.  I had three goals this week: clean the garage, attend the temple, and wake up every morning at 5 to pray and read scriptures.  I didn't clean the garage.  I went in there and looked around, and then I left.  It's so dusty and dirty and stuff is piled all over the place and I have no shelves to organize.  It's depressing.  Best to leave it for another week.

I DID attend the temple today.  That was nice.  I saw a temple worker I knew a little bit, a lady who was recently widowed.  I walked right by her and she didn't recognize me.  I went and sat down and told myself to go back and talk to her and tell her how sorry I was that she lost her husband.  But I didn't.  And then she came into the room where I was sitting and then went back out and still I didn't get up and let her know that I knew her.  I just sat there.  I don't know why I did that, it seems out of character for me.  I usually like to talk to people.

So that was one goal accomplished.  And I've done pretty good with the get up at 5 to have gospel study.  I did really good Monday and Tuesday.  Wednesday was a bit halfhearted, I think I got up at 5:15 and read for twenty minutes before I went off to the gym for my swim.  I can't remember if I got up yesterday or not.  And this morning I slept in until past 7.

But I have renewed conviction in my goals and tomorrow is a new day!  So why am I type type typing away at 10:34 at night instead of in bed where I belong?  The dark and quiet of the house is so soothing and peaceful and sometimes it's hard to give it up.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment