Wednesday, June 28, 2017

New York City

Brigham, Reese, and I spent five days in New York City last week.  Here are some of the highlights:

Getting trapped on the roof of our hotel after we snuck through the secret door, which closed behind us, only to discover that there was no handle on the outside of the door.  Brigham and Reese climbed two flights of the neighboring building, ran down 18 flights of stairs, into our hotel, took the elevator up to the roof, and let me out.

We took the subway all over the city.  I told the boys we weren't taking any taxis so they were in charge of figuring out how to use the subway to get where we were going.

We rented bikes and biked across the Brooklyn Bridge and then back over the Manhattan bridge.  Then we rode bikes all the way from the Battery up to Central Park.

We saw Wicked and Dear Evan Hansen.  We LOVED Dear Evan Hansen the best.

I saw John Lithgow!!  (Famous person sighting) He was walking along the sidewalk and I ran up to him like a stalker.  I asked to shake his hand and said that Interstellar was my husbands favorite movie.

We went to Times Square and saw a bunch of naked people who would let you take your picture with them for $10.  We declined.

We went to the 9/11 museum, which was very moving.  We all cried.

I met Suzanne and Greg Campbell, who were from Illinois and were on our bike tour.




















No comments:

Post a Comment