Saturday, December 24, 2016

Update on Hayes









Wow.  All I can say is wow.

Wednesday Hayes got home in the evening all fired up.  He had been talking to his military recruiter that morning before his work.  His recruiter had told him that if he had any kind of college degree, even an associates degree, that when he entered the military he would have a jump on several ranks.  That sounded pretty good to Hayes.

He started thinking about how he had applied and been accepted to BYU and though that maybe he should go.  WHICH IS WHAT CRAIG AND I HAVE BEEN TELLING HIM FOR YEARS, IT JUST TOOK THIS MILITARY RECRUITER TO SAY IT FOR HAYES TO LISTEN!!!!!!!!

Sheesh.

I was excited.  Hayes was excited.  Craig was excited.

Hayes and I got on BYU's website to see it there was still time to register and obtain housing.  We secured him a room in Helaman Halls dorm, just a couple buildings away from where I lived as a freshman 23 years ago!  We registered him for some classes.  There weren't  many available classes left because he left it so late, but he got some good ones.  He's taking American Heritage, History of Civilization, Book of Mormon (taught by Brad Wilcox!), and he signed up for two ROTC classes.  He's also on the wait list for an Writing class and an Anatomy class.

I've just been so thrilled and excited.  He can check into his dorm January 6th and then freshman orientation starts January 7th.

I'm just so thrilled and excited.  I wonder if my dad's visit had anything to do with his change of heart.  Dad filled his ear with a lot of talk about going to college.

I'M JUST SO THRILLED AND EXCITED!!!!

****I see those bumper stickers that say "My child and my money go to BYU".  No kidding!  There is this financial page on Hayes's profile and so far they want $6600 on January 1st!!!  Holy cow!  I am becoming more and more thankful for my parent's sacrifice to send me to BYU.  I don't think I fully appreciated how much it cost before.

No comments:

Post a Comment