Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Craig and Ellie's Annual Christmas Tree Hunt

Craig and Ellie have this thing where every year the go hunt for a Christmas tree.  In the mountains.  In the snow.  And cold.

I stay home while they do this.  I am very happy to stay home.

They always have a blast, though.  They come home happy, telling me all their stories.  Usually something interesting happens.  One year they helped a guy whose vehicle had left the road and rolled.  This year they said a car full of women had gotten stuck in the snow and a bunch of people were milling around trying to help them out.

The two of them usually go the day after Thanksgiving but this year they couldn't because of Craig having to work all weekend (see previous post).  So they went today.  I pulled Ellie out of school early ("See you everybody, I'm going to hunt for a Christmas tree with my dad!"  "Hey! No fair!").  We met Craig in Preston at our favorite lunch place, Mis Amores, and we ate lunch together.  Then Craig and Ellie went one way (toward the canyon) and I went another ( toward home).

They brought home TWO trees.





No comments:

Post a Comment