Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A really good day on the barn

Okay I'm going to write out this whole day so we can remember it.  So bear with me.

On Monday Craig was absolutely beside himself.  Relationships with our equipment dealer have been going bad for months.  This isn't the supplier from New Zealand; everything is great with him.  It's the local dealer who is supposed to receive shipment of equipment and install it from us.  It has become apparent to Craig over the past year that they have no clue what they are doing and are generally dishonest.  Last summer he told them to leave and not come back.  We've been trying to establish a new relationship with a new dealer but it's been very problematic because these old dealers, Mountain West Dairy Service, say that we owe them money still and they are keeping the rest of the equipment until they got the money.

Craig has been trying to work it out.  We've sought help from our attorney and also his dad Evan and brother Josh have been helping us.  On Monday, he got some emails from Waikato in New Zealand and also from Mountain West.  It was looking like things were close to working out so we could get our equipment delivered.

But Craig had had it.  He said that he absolutely couldn't deal with it anymore.  The way he was talking, I was truly worried about him.  At Evan's encouragement, I decided to step in at that point.  I got on the phone with Mountain West and sent some emails.  I reviewed the settlement and signed it and faxed it.  I arranged for a delivery time for the equipment.  And I prayed.  I prayed a whole lot.  Evan and Joshua were a big help to me, helping to review the settlement agreement and coaching me.  They said they would come yesterday and be there when Mountain West came.

Yesterday Mountain West was supposed to deliver the equipment.  The two guys from New Zealand are here to install the equipment and without the delivery from Mountain West, they might as well have packed up and gone home.

I sent Craig away.  I didn't want him anywhere near the farm when the two guys from Mountain West showed up.  I made him an appointment for a massage and adjustment at the chiropractor and told him to not come home until he got the okay from me.

Mountain West was supposed to be here at 2:00.  Evan and Joshua showed up at 1:30 to give support and make sure that everything was okay to hand over the money.  Cohen and Brett from New Zealand were ready to inventory the equipment and make sure it was all there.  I was so jumpy and nervous, praying that everything would work out.  I was so grateful Evan and Joshua were there with me.

At 3:00 nobody had came yet.  3:30, nothing.  I texted the secretary from Mountain West to ask where everybody was and he said they were running late.  At 4:00, nothing.  4:30, the Mountain West secretary said it was going to be closer to 5:30.  By this time, I was getting distraught.  Were they going to come at all?  Craig was texting, "Is it okay to come home?"

At 5:00 I was out in the barn with Evan, watching the rain outside.  Dad called.  I was surprised to see his name on my phone, surprised that he would choose that exact moment to call.  I decided it was a sign that everything was going to be okay.  I talked to him and he helped calm me down.

At 5:35 Mountain West pulled in the driveway.  I went out to greet them and make sure Joshua didn't bite their heads off.  Pat from Mountain West was cordial and jolly, like he always is, and Craig Johansen was silent.  They pulled up to the barn and started unloading boxes, passing them through the bay to Joshua and Evan and Cohen.  The boxes started piling up and Cohen went through them.  He was happy and said that he thought everything was there that he had been looking for.  Josh talked to Craig Johansen and Pat a minute and then told me he thought it was okay to make the payment.  I went in the house and wrote the $44,611.18 check and brought it out to them.  After a few pleasantries, they drove away.

I was so relieved!  I called Craig and gave him the go ahead to come home.  I talked to Evan and Josh and minute and then they left.  I was so glad and relieved!

Last night and this morning, Craig has seemed so excited and happy.  He's been working on this , on terminating the relationship with Mountain West and getting the remaining equipment, since July.  He says that things can really move forward now and he thinks there's a chance we could be milking in the new barn in two weeks.

We both feel like there was divine intervention and help yesterday and I am so grateful.














No comments:

Post a Comment