Friday, March 17, 2017

Family History

Last week I drove into Smithfield to buy a laptop from a guy who lived there.  My drive took me right past GG and Grandpa Oz's old house, as well as GG and Grandpa Ed Gossner's house across the street.  It's so sad, they're so ill kept and broken down.  That's not how I remember it when we would visit.  I took a picture of the canal we used to float in - as well as the bridge that Jenny said never, ever float under because there was something scary living under there that would eat me - and I completely believed her.

I drove into the Smithfield cemetary and took pictures of the gravestones of my dear family members.  GG was such a good great grandma.  And I've heard so many stories about all the ones who lived before my time and I never knew them - Aunt None and Grandma Pat's brother Jimmy, and Grandpa Oz and all the rest of them.

It was a good day.








No comments:

Post a Comment